Regular Price: £1,489.00
Special Price Excl. Tax: £562.50 Incl. Tax: £675.00
Excl. Tax: £662.50 Incl. Tax: £795.00
Excl. Tax: £749.17 Incl. Tax: £899.00
Regular Price: £1,994.99
Special Price Excl. Tax: £996.66 Incl. Tax: £1,195.99
Excl. Tax: £999.17 Incl. Tax: £1,199.00
Excl. Tax: £1,000.00 Incl. Tax: £1,200.00
Excl. Tax: £1,295.00 Incl. Tax: £1,295.00
Regular Price: £1,750.00
Special Price Excl. Tax: £1,079.17 Incl. Tax: £1,295.00
Regular Price: £2,845.00
Special Price Excl. Tax: £1,162.50 Incl. Tax: £1,395.00
Excl. Tax: £1,395.00 Incl. Tax: £1,395.00
Regular Price: £2,199.99
Special Price Excl. Tax: £1,165.83 Incl. Tax: £1,399.00
Excl. Tax: £1,245.83 Incl. Tax: £1,495.00
Treadmills for sale
All our pre-owned treadmills for sale get a full inspection and service before dispatch.
Treadmills are a very popular exercise machine in terms of fitness equipment found in Gym and Health Studios and now in the home. They are probably the best-known piece of gym equipment for sale that are used for cardiovascular exercise and they allow the user to decide whether they want to achieve weight loss, get toned or improve cardiovascular fitness. Treadmills are incredibly easy to use and can be adapted to suit any member of the family. They are particularly good for beginners who can feel intimidated by exercise and other more experienced runners. Beginners can therefore use a treadmill to build up their own experience, confidence and stamina. It is suggested that that the treadmill should be used for thirty minutes, three times a week to achieve the above and consistency should be maintained for three months. Treadmills are exercise machines used for running or walking in one place. One of the advantages of exercising using a treadmill is that an exercise regime can be set up and maintained irrespective of the weather which is particularly useful considering the unpredictability of the weather in the UK. Furthermore, a treadmill provides softer tread and therefore lower impact. When running on a treadmill a consistent pace can be created and progress such as distance, calories burned and speed can be monitored. All quality commercial treadmills use a motor to drive the running belt or deck, keeping the rate that you walk, jog or run at a constant pace. A good running stride rate is 85-95 single leg strides per minute. Good quality commercial treadmills have powered incline adjustments. The advantage of a motorised treadmill is that it alters not just the speed that you can run but changes the angle of the running deck, very much like running up a hill. The majority of treadmills come with a cardio feature where the target heart rate is specified and the speed and incline is then controlled automatically to result in a pace that induces the appropriate training zone. If you are looking to improve your cardiovascular fitness then lower incline and faster speed running will help. If you are looking to improve on power and strength then you will need to do higher incline and lower speed running.
There are three different types of treadmill; folding, non-folding and commercial. Commercial treadmills are designed for high usage typically in health clubs and gyms. Gymkit UK specialises in commercial treadmills for sale and because they are designed for high usage, Gymkit UK are able to provide a 3 month warranty on all used gym equipment. If you want a high quality treadmill with advanced features, Gymkituk.com have a huge range of Precor, Startrac, Lifefitness and Technogym used and pre owned commercial treadmills. At Gymkit UK we have a massive range of treadmills for sale. Furthermore, Gymkit UK also sell many accessories to accompany treadmills including floor protector mats and spare parts.
When looking at treadmills for sale, there are a number of things that you should consider:
- Ensure that the running deck can accommodate your natural stride
- Check minimum and maximum speeds that the treadmill can offer to make sure that the treadmill can be used as desired
- Check the incline range and how the incline can be set. For example, the incline on some treadmills adjust automatically to help you achieve the appropriate heart rate
- Check the features that the treadmill console offers to ensure that you can keep track of your progress when using your treadmill. You also need to ensure that the console provides programmes that will keep you and other users motivated.
- Consider the treadmill motor. The faster you plan to run on the treadmill, the more powerful motor you need. If you are running more than walking, look for a motor with at least 1.5 horsepower continuous duty rating. Treadmills for walking will range in speed from 0 mph up to 8.75 mph. If you plan on jogging or running, the treadmill needs to be robust and should reach speeds of up to 8-12 mph.
In brief, the pros and cons of using a treadmill at home are:
- Not weather dependent
- Precise interval training can be achieved
- Consistent pace – less easy for the runner to slow down if tired
- Hill training, handy if you don’t have hills where you live
- Long runs can be combined with watching television and so, can be less mundane than doing a long run outside
- Great for beginners
- Not the same as running outside
- No wind resistance
- Running surface. Running on uneven terrain allows muscles and joints to become more adaptable